Dakota Stones Microfacet Gemstones & DIY Memory Wire Bracelet with Cellini Spiral Pattern –
Our large selection of micro facet gemstones, from our friends at Dakota Stones, are small diamond cut gemstones expertly cut into rounds, rondelles, bicones, cubes and coins. Learn about how these gemstones are cut and get designing with micro facet gemstones in a Cellini Spiral and adding it to a fun memory wire wrap bracelet.
Micro Faceted Gemstones
Dakota Stones’ faceted gemstones ‘are machine cut with industrial-grade diamonds. With the use of new technology, geometry and an understanding of light, which is extremely important for precious stones with strong dispersion, [Dakota Stones] can now make the facets on each stone cleaner, sharper, and more consistent with minimal or no need for polishing. This means…manufacturing mathematically precise cuts on extremely small surfaces while getting the same luster and shine as we would see on large surfaces.’
Now let’s get to designing with small faceted gemstones!
Black Spinel Cellini Spiral Memory Wire Bracelet
The basic design for the cellini spiral is using a 11/0 delica, 11/0 round Miyuki seed bead and 8/0 Miyuki seed bead. In this case, we’re subbing the 8/0 with some gorgeous 4mm rondelle Black Spinel gemstone bead.
Items used in Cellini Spiral pattern:
- BSP4RL-F – 4mm Black Spinel Diamond Faceted Rondelle Beads
- SB00145 – DB041 11/0 Transp. Silver Lined Crystal Delica Seed Beads
- SB00416 – 11-9591 Pearl Ceylon Miyuki Seed Beads
- SB00422 – 11-91051 Galvanized Silver Miyuki Seed Beads
- A006587 – Crystal Fireline Thread 50 Yard Spool (6LB TEST)
- A006767 – #10 Long English Beading Needles – 4 Pack
Items to complete memory wire bracelet:
- WR00120 – Large Silver Heavy Duty Bracelet Memory Wire
- A003566 – 10mm Silver Plated Bali Style Spacer
- CH01105 (6) – 5mm Round Metallic Platinum Leather
- Z006368 – 5mm Silver Brass Cord End Cap – 4 Pack
- ONX10RD-8 – 10mm Onyx Gemstone Round Beads
- Start with 4-5 feet of beading thread. (This is a starting piece, you’ll need to add more to complete the spiral.) Sew on 6 delica beads, 2 pearl beads, 2 silver beads, 2 black spinel beads, 2 silver beads and 2 pearl beads.
2. Tie threads together to create a loop of beads. Tie two knots, making sure to leave a 5-6 inch tail end. Sew through loop once around.
3. You are going to peyote stitch around the looped beads:
– Pick up a delica bead skip a delica on the loop beads, sew through next delica.
– Pick up another delica, skip a delica and sew through next delica.
– Pick up a delica skip first pearl seed bead and sew through next pearl seed bead.
– Pick up a pearl seed bead, skip silver bead and sew through next silver bead.
– Pick up a silver bead, skip first black spinel and sew through next black spinel.
– Pick up a black spinel, skip first silver bead and sew through next silver bead.
– Pick up a silver bead skip first pearl seed bead and sew through next peal seed bead.
– Pick up a pearl bead, skip first delica, sew through next delica and up through the next delica to start the next row.
NOTE: As a helpful tip while you sew around your spiral, when you are picking up a bead, you are picking up the bead corresponding to the bead you just sewn out of. So if you sewed out of a silver seed bead, you should pick up a silver seed bead in your pattern.
4. Repeat step 3 for the next row. By this time, your spiral will start to take shape. Use a 5mm wide dowel to help guide your bead in a spiral shape.
5. Repeat step 3 until you’ve used up all your Black Spinel beads.
NOTE: Between your spiral, you’ll run out of beading thread. To add more, sew your ends through your spiral, looping around a couple of beads before cutting off excess. Add another 4-5 feet of beading thread to your needle, loop around some beads of your spiral before guiding your needle back through the path of where you’ve left off to continue your spiral pattern.
6. Your Cellini spiral is done.
7. To make your memory wire bracelet, make a simple loop to one end of your memory wire with Memory Wire Finishing Pliers.
8. Slide on an onyx bead, spacer, 3 onyx beads, spacer and another onyx bead. Slide end cap and 3 inches of leather and end cap. Slide on Cellini spiral, onyx bead, spacer, 3 onyx beads, spacer and another onyx bead. Slide on another end cap, 3 inches of leather and end cap.
9. Cut excess memory wire with Memory Wire Cutters, leaving about 1/4 to 1/2 inches. Make a simple loop with this end.