Design DIY Jewelry with Bali-Style Beads –
Bali-style beads are intricate works with filigree patterns and granulation techniques that metalsmith crafters from Bali has a been creating for centuries. The process of making Bali beads is about precision and symmetry. And it is said that Bali beads are an art form a designer will take pride in.
The process first starts with a base, whether it’s a circle disc or cone. Then the filigree patterns are laid on the base and granulation or small silver beads are arranged on the base in symmetrical dotted designs. Once the design is made, it’s then casted into a mold. The mold will make the beads and findings which are copper filled with real sterling silver or gold plating. Our selection of bali-style beads and findings are affordable without losing its handmade beauty and quality. Each bead or finding is also painted with a dye that will fill the concave areas of the design, while the the raised portions are brushed and polished away, really bringing out the details.
Take time to look at Bali beads and know that they’re an old and beautiful art form. Here are some DIY ideas to get you excited about bali-style beads.
DIY Bali-Style Wrap Bangle
Items used in bracelet: WR00127, Z008001 (2), Z007999 (2), Z008253 (2) (Tools: Memory Wire Cutters and Memory Wire Finishing Pliers)
- Make a simple loop to one end of the memory wire with memory wire finishing pliers.
- Slide on bali-style curve beads, alternating between the three styles. Note: tubes will have a more curves shape then the memory wire, so carefully push and slide the memory wire through the tube.
- When you’re done, cut excess wire, leaving 1/4″ and make a simple loop. Tighten both ends to keep tubes in place.
Golden Circle Earrings with Miracle Teardrop Bead
Pulling our inspiration from our favorite Miracle Drop Earrings, we’re using 30mm Miracle Teardrop beads.
Items used in earrings: A014928, Z010749 (2), Z010753 & TCZ0148.
- Slide on headpin the teardrop bead and cone. Make a simple loop.
- Open earwire loop and slide on dangle. Close loop.
- Repeat for other earring.