DIY Snowflake Ornament with Lightbulb Glass Beads –
The holidays are a fun time for decorating around the house. Why not make some snowflake ornaments using these snowflake forms and various beads you may have around the house. This project is also perfect for kids to design and adults finishing it off.
Wire Snowflake Ornament Forms
The Wire Snowflake forms comes in FOUR different sizes. Depending on the amount of beads you want on each peg will determine which ornament form to buy.
Ornament with Lampwork Beads
Items used in ornament: A006240, A022201, Z004872, Z004845, Z004885, SB00423 & Z013345.
- On one spoke, slide on two seed beads, Czech bead, spacer bead, lightbulb bead, spacer bead, Czech bead and seed bead.
- Make a simple loop with a memory wire finishing plier. Then use a crimping plier or flat nose pliers to close the loop. (Check out previous blog post on a visual step-by-step look on making the loop.)
- Skip a spoke and repeat step 2 & 3 with a different lightbulb color bead.
- Skip another spoke repeat step 2 & 3 with a different lightbulb color bead.
- Then with the other spokes, repeat steps 2 & 3 with a lightbulb color bead that is different from the spoke on either sides of it.
You can also see Tory making this during a Facebook LIVE episode HERE.
Need more inspiration on making Snowflake Ornaments? Check out these designs on our Blog!